School finally got out so I am updating our blog. Spring soccer just finished for the kids. Elyxzia is just old enough to join Xidis on a pre-K soccer team. They were a pretty good duo.
Xidis has been playing on this league for several seasons and he knows what he's doing.
Elyxzia isn't really too bad when she plays with her brother out on the playground, but when she gets on the field she gets intimidated by all the other players and she wouldn't really run around or do anything. We came up with a little plan that seemed to word great for both of them. Elyxzia would go over by the goal and just stand there and Xidis would try to get the ball and pass it to her so she could kick it in and score a goal. It actually worked a couple times and Elyxzia was so proud of herself for scoring a goal like her brother. Xidis was a really good sport about it. Most of the time it usually worked like this... Xidis would get the ball and take it to the goal calling out Elyxzia's name. She was too busy dancing and singing or hanging on the goal post so he would just kick it in himself and tell her that the goal was for her. It was a good system.
Here's a perfect example of what I was talking about. I think Elyxzia's just dancing around and singing whatever comes into her head.
Mazzie always sported her blue shirt to support her brother and sister. She liked to kick a soccer ball around before the game and practice with them. She really wanted to play. She is at this age where she thinks she's entitled to everything that the older kids are doing and she is beginning to get quite and attitude sometimes. I would threaten Xidis that if he was going to have a bad attitude or throw a fit or whatever, that I would take his uniform and give it to Mazzie and let her play.
Here's a picture of them after one of their games. Mazzie didn't want to take a picture. She gets that attitude from Maggie.
8 comments:
NICE!!!
I LIKE THE PICTURE OF YOUR FOOT PRINTS IN THE SAND-LOOKS SHARP!
I am going to steal your kids! They are so cute!
Ahhh! Kidnapper, I am calling the police.
We are going to try and let Annicka play this year...she's finally old enough and since they only do it once a year...We keep telling her she is going to have to be tough and not cry if she gets knocked over or doesn't get to kick the ball. We'll see how it goes! I have a feeling that we'll spend most games trying to talk to her about crying or she'll do was Elyxzia does and stand off to the side dancing and singing.
cute kids!
I LOVE that last picture! Thats the real stuff
Umm... I don't think all that "tude" comes from Mag, at least not til they're teens. So the way I see it, it must come from BJ. I've heard some stories about when he was little!!
Mag's Mom aka Gammie
that is tooo cute! xidis looks like he has soccer down! and that cute mohawk is back! love it! we just went to a sand sculture thing out here and thought of bj and all the fun sculptures he does in the sand each summer, and then i open your blog and see your feet picture! that is precious!!
Post a Comment